Master of Science in Information
UX Research & Design
University of Michigan, May 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Professional & Technical Writing
magna cum laude
Saginaw Valley State University, May 2017
CVS Health: Cumberland, RI
Jun. 2019 – Present
- Conduct remote interviews and other research activities with customers and patients to learn about their opinions, behaviors, beliefs, and preferences.
- Document and synthesize learnings to create reports and share recommendations with stakeholders to ensure that upcoming and in-progress design work is usable and useful for customers and patients.
U-M School of Information: Ann Arbor, MI
Mar. 2019 – May 2020
- Collaborated with three U-M professors to conduct more than 20 ninety-minute interviews with LGBTQ+ people who had experienced pregnancy loss, analyzed and coded the transcripts, and contributed to academic articles about how we can better design technology to support marginalized people who experience pregnancy loss.
Behavioral Science Fellow
U-M Office of Academic Innovation: Ann Arbor, MI
Sept. 2018 – May 2019
- Designed and conducted series of surveys, interviews, and usability studies focused on improving student-facing academic tools and then analyzed and communicated findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
User Experience Research & Design Intern
Dassault Systèmes: Johnston, RI
May 2018 – Aug. 2018
- Contributed to brand UX specifications and guidelines.
- Developed templates for task analysis.
- Designed mixed-mode user surveys.
- Planned in-person and remote usability studies.
User Experience Research Intern
U-M Office of Enrollment Management: Ann Arbor, MI
Oct. 2017 – May 2019
- Interviewed stakeholders across the university to learn how data related to recruitment, applications, and student events are currently managed.
- Analyzed complex, open-ended survey responses to identify task-specific requirements.
- Designed research artifacts to facilitate data-informed administrative decision-making.
Instructional Design Fellow
Michigan Library Fellows Engagement Program: Ann Arbor, MI
Oct. 2017 – Apr. 2018
- Developed course modules according to Universal Design principles.
- Conducted focus groups and usability tests.
Information Management Specialist
The Dow Chemical Company: Midland, MI
Jul. 2016 – Aug. 2017
- Distilled 150+ complex work processes modules into instructional documentation in accordance with corporate and functional standards.
- Collaborated with content owners and SMEs in cross-functional teams to develop, edit, test, and maintain periodic content updates to multi-tenant intranet sites.
- Implemented a streamlined information architecture for the Enterprise Data Management intranet site, reducing more than 75 redundant pages and improving efficiency of user tasks.
Junior Usability Researcher
Center for Usability Studies and Universal Design: University Center, MI
Jan. 2016 – Apr. 2017
- Led meetings to gauge client needs and clarify system users and goals.
- Planned and conducted appropriate, multi-modal studies and evaluations.
- Presented findings and subsequent recommendations to clients.
UX Researcher, Writer, & Designer
Jan. 2019 – May 2019
- Conduct secondary research, competitive feature analyses, and interviews to inform design and content decisions for an app that helps people tell their pregnancy stories through directed journaling and narrative visualization.
My Dream Team, SONIC Research Group @ Northwestern University
Jan. 2018 – Apr. 2018
- Planned and launched a series of research studies on a team-formation web app, including interviews, competitive analyses, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and usability tests.
Flint Public Library
Aug. 2017 – Dec. 2017
- Designed a series of contextual inquiries and developed a comprehensive method of collecting usage statistics and feedback from patrons.
Wojciechowski, K. (2019, Apr.). From quick findings to formal reports: When and why to use which in user & design research. Presented at the Academic Innovation Student Showcase in Ann Arbor, MI.
Desai, M., Niu, S., Tambala, H., Wojciechowski, K., & Xu, Y. (2019, Apr.). CUTgroup Detroit: Testing the Detroit Assistant tool. Presented at the UMSI Student Exposition in Ann Arbor, MI.
Jessamy, C., Nash, D., O’Sullivan, K., & Wojciechowski, K. (2019, Apr.). Expectant: A mobile app that helps you tell your pregnancy story. Presented at the UMSI Student Exposition in Ann Arbor, MI.
Baranek, T., Kloc, M., & Wojciechowski, K. (2019, Apr.). Alumni panel. Presented at a meeting of the Association of Professional & Technical Writers in University Center, MI.
Wojciechowski, K. (2018, Sept.). Words as material, writing as interfacing: Observations & a call to action from the middle. Keynote presented at Corridors (the Great Lakes Writing and Rhetoric Conference) in University Center, MI.
Wojciechowski, K. & Wong, N. (2018, May). Using an LMS as a launchpad: Leveraging Canvas as a platform for library research learning modules. Presented at a meeting of LOEX in Houston, TX.
Bidwell, D., Scola, D., & Wojciechowski, K. (2018, Apr.). Alumni panel. Presented at a meeting of the Association of Professional & Technical Writers in University Center, MI.
Wojciechowski, K. (2018, Mar.). Designing for somebody: How to truly know your users & what they do. Presented at MidCamp in Chicago, IL.
Wojciechowski, K. (2017, Mar.). Navigating students’ experiences with WCONLINE®: Preliminary results and recommendations of a usability study of the WCONLINE® platform. Presented at a meeting of the East Central Writing Centers Association in Dowagiac, MI.
Wojciechowski, K. (2016, Oct.). Advocating for student-users: A template for conducting small-scale usability research in the writing center. Presented at a meeting of the Michigan Writing Centers Association in Warren, MI.
- Affinity diagramming
- Card sorting
- Competitive analysis
- Contextual inquiry
- Focus groups
- Heuristic evaluation
- Interaction mapping
- Survey design
- Task analysis
- Tree testing
- Usability testing
- User stories and personas
- Content strategy
- Instructional documentation
- Microcopy and UX writing
- News reporting
- Technical writing and editing
- Interaction & experience design
- Prototyping (High- and low-fidelity)
- Content models
- Journey maps
- Site maps
- User flows
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Python 3